By: Jazmin Walmsley of the Soul Hugger Family
Hello travelers of the internet! Thanks for coming by! The fact that you’re here means that you wish to learn more about the wonderful world of chakras (specifically the “green chakra meaning” ). Whether you’re here for your own self improvement, out of curiosity, or to impress someone with your knowledge, you are taking the time now to read and learn about something new. To that my fellow explorer, I congratulate you, and I sincerely hope that this knowledge can help guide you in your desired direction. Now, without further ado, let us begin.
WHAT ARE CHAKRAS?
The word “Chakra” is a Sanskrit word that translates to “wheel”. Chakras refer to the 7 major points of energy on each individual’s body. Relative to its name, these points of energy each resemble spinning wheels. Your 7 chakras are seen as stable or balanced when each of the 7 points of energy are aligned and open. It is important to understand the fundamentals and needs of each of your individual chakras in order to maintain a proper internal balance. By being aware of where each chakra resides and what it represents, we can determine which aspects of our life are lacking, and how to improve upon our overall happiness and inner peace.
The 7 Major Chakras are:
First Chakra / Muladahara Chakra/ Root Chakra / Red Chakra
Second Chakra / Svadhisthana Chakra / Sacral Chakra / Orange Chakra
Third Chakra / Manipura Chakra / Solar Plexus Chakra / Yellow Chakra
Fourth Chakra / Anahata Chakra / Heart Chakra / Green Chakra *
Fifth Chakra / Visshudha Chakra / Throat Chakra / Light Blue Chakra
Sixth Chakra / Ajna Chakra / Third Eye Chakra / Indigo Chakra
Seventh Chakra / Sahasrara Chakra / Crown Chakra / Violet Chakra
The first through third chakras are your lower chakras. Your fourth through seventh chakras are your upper chakras. These terms refer to where each chakra’s point of energy is aligned on your body. Your lower chakras go from the bottom of your spine to your stomach (the lower half of your body) while your upper chakras go from the center of your chest to your forehead (the upper half of your body).
In this particular article, we will be focusing on the *Fourth Chakra including its meaning, function, and how it can improve your life with proper care.
BASICS OF THE GREEN CHAKRA
- The green chakra’s energy point is located at the center of the chest, adjacent to the heart. This makes it one of your upper chakras.
- Its representative color is green.
- In terms of alignment, it is your fourth chakra.
- Its mantra is “yam”
- Its symbol is the 12 petaled lotus which represents the 12 divine qualities of the heart.
- The green chakra represents the balance of giving and receiving love, kindness, and compassion.
- Its name in Sanskrit is the “Anahata Chakra”. “Anahata” means “unstruck” which connects back to the chakra’s meaning of maintaining a healthy and balanced heart and being “unstruck” by negative energy.
- When this chakra is balanced and in alignment, you will feel loved, confident, healthy, and comfortable within your relationships between others and yourself.
- When this chakra is unbalanced, you may feel insecure, apathetic, disconnected to your own emotions, and resentful towards yourself and/or loved ones.
- Some good things to do to create balance within your heart chakra include meditation, aromatherapy, manifesting the color green, maintaining a healthy heart, and keeping crystals and green gemstones on you or around you during your daily routine.
SO, WHY THE COLOR GREEN?
In case you hadn’t already noticed, the seven chakra colors correlate directly with the seven colors of the rainbow (The old, Mr. Roy G. Biv). Why is that? Well, in order to fully understand, first you have to understand color itself.
The EXTREMELY SIMPLIFIED Science of The Rainbow
Color is a product of light and its vibrations. The color produced is different depending on the speed of the light’s vibration; within white light, there are seven main vibration speeds which create the seven major colors of the rainbow. Lower vibrations create warmer colors (red, orange, and yellow) while higher vibrations create cooler colors (green, blue, indigo, and violet). Wait- “LOWER=Red, Orange, and Yellow and HIGHER=Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet”? That sounds AWFULLY familiar doesn’t it? That’s right! Think back to our LOWER and UPPER chakras! The colors of the lower chakras are the same as the colors of lower vibrations. The colors of the upper chakras are the same as the colors of higher vibrations.
Is it starting to make sense now?
Just like the colors of the rainbow, the chakras are all part of one system. Although each color and chakra has its own individual, self-sustaining state, they are at their healthiest and most natural position when they are together in their system. The colors of the chakras help to represent both the chakras interconnectivity and individuality at the same time. Color psychology allows us to be aware of each chakra’s specific meaning and purpose.
Color Psychology of Green
Green is a color with many meanings. For those on the road, it means go. To some, it represents safety and/or good health. In nature, it represents life. In our world, green is a very popular color. In most surveys pertaining to a group of people’s favorite color, green can be seen with a high position along its rankings (at usually 2nd or 3rd place). Green can also be seen as a rare color; only 2% of the world’s population has green eyes, and emeralds are around 20 times rarer than the beloved diamond. Green is a color we, globally, often take for granted. We see it everywhere around us, so, despite the constant warnings of global warming and deforestation, we ignorantly believe that we’ll never see a day without it. Thus, we continue to exploit it, knowing full well that we’d be lost without it. And because of that, in dystopian movies (where humans are truly at a loss), green is the color of hope.
When hearing of a chakra referred to as the “Heart Chakra”, one known for being deeply connected to one’s emotions, your first thought may be to assume that its corresponding color would be red or pink (in the hypothetical situation that you knew these factors of the chakra but not its color). The thought isn’t illogical if you live in countries like the United States. Holidays, such as Valentine’s Day, have painted these two colors as the representative colors of love and the heart (both the shape and organ). However, looking back at the previously stated meanings of the color green, it starts to make sense as to how it connects to the heart chakra.
When balancing our love, kindness, and compassion towards ourselves and others, we should create or obtain a feeling of safety, joy and appreciation. Love and kindness are all things we tend to take advantage of, and, in most cases, we don’t truly understand its value until it‘s left us. Although love and compassion can seem rare at times, we must remember to keep going. For if we give up on giving and accepting these fundamentals of life, our world will grow bleak and unlivable. Having heart, especially in times like these where it is most needed, may be our world’s only hope.
The green chakra’s balance, especially so, is very connected to your mindset. Some things you can do to keep this chakra balanced and open include:
- acknowledging your personal power
- meditating and talking/thinking through any negative emotions you may be experiencing
- converting or combatting negative energy with positive energy at every opportunity
- setting up healthy boundaries between you and your loved ones
- building healthy relationships with all of the pre-existing and new people in your life.
- being honest with your mental health and being open to improve upon it.
- listening or saying positive affirmations daily
- discovering new ways to experience spiritual growth within the spiritual realm / spiritual world.
- practicing giving and accepting unconditional love between you and those you care for
If you do not maintain your emotional state and mindset, your overall heart energy will be affected. Symptoms of having low heart energy may include:
- increased feelings of loneliness, jealousy, narcissism, and/or insecurity
- feeling the need to isolate yourself from those you love
- being unnecessarily demanding or inappropriate toward your partner
- feeling disconnected to your own emotions
- feeling apathetic and/or cold-hearted
When it comes to the stability of your chakras, your emotional and mental states are very important to look after. Any negative energy trapped in your mind can block your chakras and keep you feeling unfulfilled. However, if we take the time to properly care for our mental health, we can allow positive energy to grow and keep our chakras open and happy.
CONNECTION TO YOUR BODY
Each chakra has its own specific point of energy along the human body. In order to open your chakras, you must understand how to grant their individual needs, both on an emotional and physical level. Understanding where each chakra’s energy center is located on your body will help you with accomplishing the latter.
The Anahata chakra’s energy center is on your upper body near your heart. Due to its location, this chakra’s health is strongly connected to the health of your respiratory, circulatory, and immune systems. When caring for this chakra at the physical level, you must be able to keep your heart healthy. You can do this by:
- exercising to strengthen your respiratory and circulatory systems along with improving your overall stamina.
- eating healthy
- watching your weight
- monitoring your heart rate
- monitoring your cholesterol
- keeping in contact with your doctor if you have any heart conditions
- staying away from smoking and heavy drinking
- keeping up proper dental hygiene
When your Anahata chakra is blocked or imbalanced, you may experience physical symptoms related to an unhealthy heart. Some examples may include:
- unnaturally high or low bpm
- heart attack
- unbalanced cholesterol levels
- pain in the center of the chest
- a weakened immune system
- poor circulation
- heart palpitations
Remember, maintaining a healthy heart chakra is more that just maintaining your emotions and mental state. You must look out for your physical body just as well.
Although our physical bodies and minds are two separate systems that have different needs and functions, they are still a part of one marvelous network that makes up YOU. A complete and powerful network that your chakras depend on for health and stability. In order to truly open your chakras and get closer to an enlightened path, you must take the time to nurture both of your systems – not just one.
CONNECTIONS TO EARTH
Chakras require energy to be opened. This energy can be obtained through maintaining a healthy physical, mental, and spiritual state as mentioned before. However, existing in nature and the world around us, there are items, materials, and locations that can help increase and improve our energy as well. One of the most popular factors of nature that assist in this are crystals and healing stones.
Each chakra has its own specific crystals or stones which will help increase its energy. For the green chakra, these include:
- rose quartz
- green aventurine
By allowing these crystals to infuse their energy into you and recharging their energy periodically, these crystals will assist you in opening your heart chakra. Some ways to properly use these stones include:
- wearing them as jewelry around your heart (through necklaces)
- keeping them under your pillow as you sleep
- meditating while holding them or having them near you
- rubbing them around your heart
- keeping one on you (in a purse, pocket, etc.) at all times
Another popular method of obtaining energy through natural means is aromatherapy through essential oils. Some essential oils that are best for opening the heart chakra include:
- ylang ylang
By putting them through a diffuser or rubbing them on certain areas of your body, these oils and their scents can help you calm your mind and increase your heart energy.
If you are reading this, thank you so much for sticking around to the end! I hope that this article could assist you in discovering more about chakras and maybe even yourself. If you wish to discover more ways on how to improve your lifestyle, visit the Soul Hugger YouTube Channel!